Our natural environment exposes us to all kinds of radiation. Digital x-rays produce a significantly lower level of radiation compared to older methods. Not only are digital x-rays faster and better for your health, they are also more comfortable. For our new patients, we generally recommend a full mouth series and bitewing x-rays. These are a good reference for 3-5 years and are usually taken after your check-up and cleaning.
5 reasons for taking X-Rays:
- To look for decay in between teeth
- To check for the bone loss associated with gum disease
- To check for decay under older fillings
- To see if there are signs of infection at the very bottom of the tooth root
- To examine a problem area before it is treated with a procedure